Monday, August 16, 2010

Paul McCartney, You Amaze Me.

It's been 36 hours since I was rocked into oblivion by the one and only Paul McCartney. This was my 3rd time seeing him put on a show (4th if you count Ringo's birthday) and by far this was my favorite.


Anywho, This is the amazing rock show I was given:

1. Venus and Mars/Rock Show (Wings)
2. Jet (Wings)
3. All My Loving (The Beatles)
4. Letting Go (Wings)
5. Got To Get You Into My Life (The Beatles)
6. Highway (The Fireman)
7. Let Me Roll It/Foxy Lady (Wings/Jimi Hendrix)
8. The Long and Winding Road (The Beatles)
9. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five (Wings)
10. Let 'Em In (Wings)
11. My Love (Wings)
12. I'm Looking Through You (The Beatles)
13. Two of Us (The Beatles)
14. Blackbird (The Beatles)
15. Here Today (Paul McCartney) -- Tribute to John Lennon.( Third time I've heard this live. First time I ever broke down and cried during it)
16. Dance Tonight (Paul McCartney)(The only time I ever stopped looking at Paul to focus on his drummer. Abe's dance moves are untouchable! <3 )
17. Mrs. Vanderbilt (Wings)
18. Eleanor Rigby (The Beatles)
19. Ram On (Paul McCartney) (When he was handed the ukulele,I knew he was going to do this song,so I got too excited and yelled out "YES!! RAM ON!!" my whole section looked at me.Like a fool.)
20. Something (The Beatles) -- (A tribute to George Harrison.I screamed loudest for George.)
21. Sing the Changes (The Fireman)
22. Band on the Run (Wings)
23. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da (The Beatles) --
24. Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles)
25. I've Got a Feeling (The Beatles)
26. Paperback Writer (The Beatles)
27. A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance (The Beatles/John Lennon)
28. Let It Be (The Beatles)
29. Live and Let Die (Wings)-- There were fireworks. I need not elaborate further on the awesomeness of this song.
30. Hey Jude (The Beatles)

Encore 1:

31. Day Tripper (The Beatles)
32. Lady Madonna (The Beatles)
33. Get Back (The Beatles)

Encore 2:

34. Yesterday (The Beatles)
35. Helter Skelter (The Beatles)
36. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (reprise)/The End (The Beatles/The Beatles)

Band members:

Piano, ukulele, guitar, bass, mandolin, vocals: Paul McCartney
Drums: Abe Laboriel Jr.
Guitar: Rusty Anderson
Guitar, bass: Brian Ray
Keyboards, percussion: Wix Wickens



Every time I've ever seen him he always says the same thing at the end. He says something like "This is fun but at some point, we have to go home." and then of course doesn't make us happy and he says "And us going home roughly coincides with the time that YOU all have to go home."

I hate that part.If I had my way, I'd still be there rocking out with him.Putting on that kind of a 3 hour rock show all over the world at 68 years old? He's my hero.

I feel so incredibly lucky to have had the honor of his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment